Cortez is home to the Conquistador Golf Course, a USGA sanctioned, par 72, 18 hole public course. The course sits at 6,200 feet, with spectacular views of Mesa Verde, the La Plata Mountains, and the Sleeping Ute Mountain. Rolling hills, large trees and water come into play to challenge every skill level. At this elevation, players enjoy cool summer temperatures and golf balls that love to fly farther. Guests who provide proof of lodging in Cortez receive a 2-for-1 Golf pass for weekday play, tournaments excepted, space available.
The course is open March through November, seven days a week. Designed by Press Maxwell and Bill Stroud, the course is meticulously maintained. Four sets of tees include a gold championship set with a total yardage of 7,152; the Blue Tee is a par 70 for 6,819 yards; the White Tee is a par 68 for 6378 yards and the Red Tee is a par 71 for 5655 yards.
The Pro Shop has a PGA Golf Pro on staff, with lessons available. There is also driving range, putting green and golf cart rentals. For further information, call 970-565-9208 or visit the Conquistador Golf website.
Know Before You Go
- Course is open from March to November
- Call for available tee times, tee times are generally recommended and accepted 3 days in advance
- 9-hole play will be accommodated on a space available basis
- Proper golf attire required
- Doug Lancaster Memorial June 14th
- Firecracker Classic Pro and Classic Amateur July 4-6th
- Ute Mountain Oil Classic August 2nd
- CWGA Tee Cup Invitational August 12th
Amenities & Services
- Full service pro shop
- Driving range
- Putting green
- Golf cart rentals
2018 North Dolores Road, Cortez