Outside Magazine calls the town of Dolores an “adventure base camp for the whole family” and we couldn’t agree more! With the Dolores River running south, and sandstone cliffs to the north, this charming town embodies a welcoming community feel. Surrounded by the San Juan National Forest and McPhee Lake, Dolores is a three-season recreation destination.
A short distance from town, Boggy Draw is great for family camping, hiking, and mountain biking. Dolores is your headquarters for local history and outdoor fun, with unique shops and boutiques, excellent restaurants including a local brewery, and riverfront and in-town lodging options.
- Visit the Canyons of the Ancients Visitor Center and Museum
- Fishing and boating on McPhee Lake
- Fly-fishing and kayaking on the Dolores River
- Climbing on board the Galloping Goose #5
- Mountain biking
- Cross-country skiing
- Dolores River Festival in June
- Escalante Days in August
- Dolores Hunters Expo in October
Amenities & Services